Once poor rural communities have the basic building blocks of survival (food, shelter, clean water and sanitation), the next step is education. A good, solid education is a turbo-charged ticket out of poverty. This is how we can really transform lives, long term.
It is only with the help of generous donors, that Sunrise Cambodia has been sending the poorest of the poor to school for more than 20 years. Many Sunrise kids have gone on to be university graduates, others have trained as chefs and carpenters. But the need continues to be so great, especially in the countryside. We need to renovate old schools, build new schools and include preschools for the littlies. We also need to train skilled local teachers.
Sunrise Cambodia runs a number of schools in the provinces, both for Sunrise kids who live with us full time and for other kids in some of the poorest villages in Cambodia. We are super proud of the Sunrise school at Kampong Speu which has a soccer academy and trains some of the best soccer players in Cambodia.
Please make a regular donation to invest in the learning of Cambodia’s young and poor.
- $15 buys one school uniform for a poor Cambodian child
- Your donation of $50 buys 75 note books for school kids in rural Cambodia
- $100 buys a first aid kit for one Sunrise school
- A one off gift of $200 pays for a set of 12 Khmer text books
- $500 pays for a year of life-changing vocation training for a Cambodian teen
- $1000 buys school uniforms for 50 kids in the provinces of Cambodia