Donors and child sponsors are often keen to visit Sunrise Cambodia, with particular interest in seeing how their support makes a profound difference to the lives of the people we work for. There are a number of ways to visit us:
- You can apply to be a mentor in our skills based program. We are looking for a very specific skill set. Check our Volunteer page for more details on mentor roles in Cambodia.
- Travel with the Sunrise Crew on Run Amok. You’ll change the world and have the trip of a lifetime while you are at it. Run Amokers raise $10K and cover their travel costs. Visit the Run Amok page for all the details.
- Pay a visit to us on your own steam and see some of the work we do at either Kandal or Siem Reap. Make your visit an even more enriching experience by setting up an Everyday Hero fundraising page so your friends and family can donate to support our work. Then you’ll see the funds in action when you visit us.
If you are planning to travel to Cambodia on your own steam, please fill in the form below so that we can schedule your visit. Visits are free for current donors and sponsors. Otherwise, a minimum donation of $50 is requested. Make that donation here.
Please note the following when visiting Sunrise Cambodia:
- All visitors are required to present their passport for ID on arrival.
- All visitors must read, understand and sign a Visitor Code of Conduct on arrival and our Child Protection Policy.
- Filming and photography of the children is not permitted unless you have been appointed by Sunrise Cambodia in this capacity.
- A Sunrise Cambodia staff member will accompany you at all times.
- Visitors are not permitted to play with the kids. This is in line with our Child Protection Policy. You will of course see kids and community members at our projects but direct interaction is against the child protection policy which is required by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- If you sponsor a child with Sunrise Cambodia, please let us know in the form below and we can facilitate a supervised meeting.
- A limited number of supporters can visit Kandal and Siem Reap during business hours and Saturday mornings. We are closed on Sundays. Sunrise New Hope is only open Monday to Friday.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that the founder, Geraldine Cox, will be available to meet you.
- We ask that gifts are not brought for the kids as it can be difficult to ensure they are fairly distributed. If you sponsor a child, please do not bring an individual gift. For information on the best ways you can assist us click here.
- Please make all donations to Sunrise Cambodia online here or send a cheque to PO Box 2266 Clovelly NSW 2031. Please do not bring large cash donations to Cambodia and note that donations made in Cambodia are unable to be receipted for Australian tax purposes.
- If you have donations of goods in mind, please let us know in the form below to check that these goods are needed and appropriate to the Cambodian context.