Donors and child sponsors are always welcome to visit Sunrise Cambodia. We love to take the opportunity to show how their support truly makes a difference to the lives of the people living in the Sunrise community. There are a number of ways to visit us:
- You can apply to be a mentor in our skills-based program. We are looking for a very specific skill set. Please visit our Mentor in Cambodia page for more details on the opportunities we currently have available
- Travel with Sunrise Cambodia for Run Amok 2017. Run Amok 2017 is your opportunity to experience Cambodia’s vibrant culture and see first-hand the difference your contribution is making towards community development in Cambodia. Please visit our Run Amok page for more details
- Organise a visit independently and see some of Sunrise’s work at either Kandal or Siem Reap. Supplement your experience by setting up an Everyday Hero fundraising page and invite your friends and family to donate and support our work. You can then see the funds in action when you visit us
If you are planning to travel to Cambodia and visit Sunrise, please fill in the form below so that we can schedule your visit. Visits are free for current donors and sponsors. Otherwise, a minimum donation of $50 is required. To finalise your donation, please click here.
Please note the following when visiting Sunrise Cambodia:
- All visitors are required to present their passport for ID on arrival.
- All visitors must read, understand and sign a Visitor Code of Conduct on arrival and our Child Protection Policy.
- Filming and photography of the children is not permitted unless you have been appointed by Sunrise Cambodia in this capacity.
- A Sunrise Cambodia staff member will accompany you at all times.
- Visitors are not permitted to play with the kids. This is in line with our Child Protection Policy. You will of course see kids and community members at our projects but direct interaction is against the child protection policy which is required by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- If you sponsor a child with Sunrise Cambodia, please let us know in the form below and we can facilitate a supervised meeting.
- A limited number of supporters can visit Kandal and Siem Reap during business hours and Saturday mornings. We are closed on Sundays. Sunrise New Hope is only open Monday to Friday.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that the founder, Geraldine Cox, will be available to meet you.
- We ask that gifts are not brought for the kids as it can be difficult to ensure they are fairly distributed. If you sponsor a child, please do not bring an individual gift. For information on the best ways you can assist us click here.
- Please make all donations to Sunrise Cambodia online here or send a cheque to PO Box 2266 Clovelly NSW 2031. Please do not bring large cash donations to Cambodia and note that donations made in Cambodia are unable to be receipted for Australian tax purposes.
- If you have donations of goods in mind, please let us know in the form below to check that these goods are needed and appropriate to the Cambodian context.